Join Lindsay as she interviews historian Joseph Geisner about 1850’s Utah including stories about Bill Hickman and Porter Rockwell. This episode contains strong themes of violence. This is part two of a two-part episode.
Links and text mentioned and read in this podcast:
- Housewives, Hussies, and Heroines, or the Women of Johnston’s Army
- The Coming Storm: The Murder of Jesse Thompson Hartley by H. Michael Marquardt
- Bigler Mormon Missionaries the Utah war and the 1858 Bannock Raid on Fort Limhi
- Bigler – A Lion in the Path UTAH WAR
- The Journals of Hannah Tapfield King
- “As a Bird Sings”: Hannah Tapfield King, Poetess and Pioneer Leonard Reed