Join Lindsay as she discusses interesting Southern Utah communities that practiced plural marriage including Orderville and the United Order, Santa Clara and Cedar City. TW: This post contains strong themes of violence.
Links mentioned in this post:
- Leonard J. Arrington’s Book, Great Basin Kingdom: An Economic History of the Latter-day Saints
- Mormon Polygamous Families, Life in the Principle by Jesse Embry
- John A. Peterson, “Warren Stone Snow, a man in between : the biography of a Mormon defender,” Master’s Thesis, BYU (1985) 112.
- Deseret News Article Mentioning Henry Jones
- The Mormon Hierarchy: Extensions of Power by D. Michael Quinn
- John D. Lee’s Confession in MORMONISM UNVEILED, or THE LIFE AND CONFESSIONS of the Late Mormon Bishop JOHN D. LEE