Join Lindsay as she discusses several of the most prominent known marriages that happened after both the 1890 manifesto and the 1904 manifesto.
Links and text mentioned and read in this podcast:
- Solemn Covenant, The Mormon Polygamous Passage
- The Mormon Hierarchy: Extensions of Power
- Mormon Polygamy: A History
- Sunstone: After the Manifesto
- LDS Church Authority and New Plural Marriages
- D. Michael Quinn: The Second Manifesto
- D. Michael Quinn’s Plural Marriages After the Manifesto
- Family Kingdom by Samuel Taylor
- Remarks of Wilford Woodruff at Cache Stake Conference, Logan, Utah, 1891-11-01; reported at Wilford Woodruff, “Remarks”, Deseret Weekly (Salt Lake City, Utah) 1891-11-14; excerpts reprinted in LDS Church, “Official Declaration—1”, Doctrine and Covenants.
- Diary entry of Marriner W. Merrill, 1890-10-06 (LDS Church archives), as cited in: Hardy 1992, p. 141.
- Flake, Kathleen (2003), The Politics of American Religious Identity: The Seating of Senator Reed Smoot, Mormon Apostle, Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, ISBN 0-8078-5501-4, OCLC 5770734