Join Lindsay as she interviews historian Brian Hales about John C. Bennett, his reliability, and other controversial tales.
This is part two in a four-part series of “Polygamy Controversies” that will air throughout the rest of the series.
Links mentioned in this podcast:
- Part one of episode 94
- What Abortion was like in the 19th Century
- Women’s health issues in the 19th Century
- Mormon Polygamy Documents
- Mormonism Exposed by John C. Bennett
- Joseph Smith paper’s Bio of John Bennett
- LDS Picture story of Trouble in Nauvoo with John C. Bennett
- Wiki page on John C. Bennett
- Andrew F. Smith’s review of Saintly Scoundrel
- Subscribe to the Journal of Mormon History to get Brian Hales’ summer article on Bennett
- Brian Hales and Laura Hales’ new book: Joseph Smith Polygamy; Towards a Better Understanding
- Invention of Ketchup