Join Lindsay as she talks with American historian Ben Park, John Hamer, and Danielle Mooney about the many leadership and priesthood splits in the Mormon movement.Links mentioned in this episode:
- DEBATING SUCCESSION, MARCH 1846: JOHN E. PAGE, ORSON HYDE, AND THE TRAJECTORIES OF JOSEPH SMITH’S LEGACY
- D. Michael Quinn’s article on succession
- Mormon succession geekery
- Wiki: Succession Crisis
- Ronald W. Walker, “Six Days in August: Brigham Young and the Succession,” in A Firm Foundation: Church Organization and Administration, ed. David J. Whittaker and Arnold K. Garr (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University; Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 2011), 161–96.
- Polygamy on the Pedernales: Lyman Wight’ s Mormon Villages in Antebellum Texas, 1845-1858 by Melvin C. Johnson
Trackback from your site.