Join Lindsay as she tells the story of three women who married a prominent Utah business man, Brigham Young Hampton. Their lives and relationships were forged during the Mormon Reformation.
Links or text mentioned or read in this episode:
- David Candland’s The Fireside Visitor
- Connell ODonovan’s work on Dr. Robinson
- Wikipedia’s Mormon Reformation
- Jedediah Grant’s sermon on Hypocrisy
- History of Fort Union in Midvale
- Helen Emily Bone
- Helen Huntley Hampton Clayton (Helen Emily Bone)
- Playing with Shadows: Voices of Dissent in the Mormon West (Kingdom in the West: The Mormons and the American Frontier)
- Olsen, Steven L. “Celebrating Cultural Identity: Pioneer Day in Nineteenth-Century Mormonism.” BYU Studies 36:1 (1996-97):159-177.
- David Candland
- Prostitution, Polygamy, and Power