Ann Eliza Webb Dee Young Denning was married for a time to Brigham Young. After a tumultuous experience with Mormonism, she left the territory and wrote an expose titled, “Wife No. 19, or The Story of a Life in Bondage,” about her experiences. Join Lindsay and Bryan Buchanan as they discuss the expose and Ann’s life.
Posts Tagged ‘polygamy’
Join Lindsay as she interviews a plural family about their faith, their experiences on the reality TV show, Seeking Sister Wife and what it’s like to live polygamy in the modern day.
Join Lindsay as she interviews Aaron Sullivan, a man who once had prophetic visions and talked directly with God, until one day it all suddenly stopped.
Join Lindsay as she interviews the director of Cherish Families, Shirlee Draper and Dr. Cristina Rosetti about the latest law in Utah that decriminalizes polygamy.
- Kirsten Erickson’s experience
- Brigham Young’s One Mighty and Strong Statement
- South Pass: Gateway to a Continent by Will Bagley
- “ONE LONG FUNERAL MARCH”: A REVISIONIST’S VIEW OF THE MORMON HANDCART DISASTERS by Will Bagley
- LDS Overland Travel Database
- Devil’s Gate: Brigham Young and the Great Mormon Handcart Tragedy by David Roberts
- Denver Post: Handcart Hypocrisy
- Sunstone: Two-Wheeled Torture Devices: A Contrarian’s View Of The Handcart Disaster
- Live Science: Going West Wasn’t So Deadly for Early Mormon Pioneers
- Human Mortality in a Natural Disaster: The Willie Handcart Company
- John Turner’s take on the Handcart expeditions
- Leadership, Planning, and Management of the 1856 Mormon Handcart Emigration by Don H. Smith
- By Common Consent: Learning the wrong lessons
- LDS version of the rescue
- HANDCART MYTH AND FACT
- The Martin Handcart Company at the Sweetwater – BYU Studies
- Signature Books
- Juanita Brooks lecture
- Harold B. Lee Library info on Lorenzo Snow
- Chronological history of Lorenzo Snow
- Solemn Covenant: The Mormon Polygamous Passage by B. Carmon Hardy
- Brian Hales’ take on Lorenzo Snow
- FAIR Mormon takes on “Fundamentalist Assumptions”
- Denver Snuffer on Lorenzo Snow
- Charlotte Squires (19 November 1825 Ohio – 25 September 1850). Married October 1844.
- Mary Adaline Goddard (8 March 1812 Connecticut – 28 December 1898). Married 1845.
- Sarah Ann Prichard (29 November 1826 Ohio – 30 November 1900). Married 21 April 1845.
- Harriet Amelia Squires (13 September 1819 Ohio – 12 May 1890). Married 17 January 1846.
- Eleanor Houtz (14 August 1831 Pennsylvania – 13 September 1896). Married 1848.
- Caroline Horton (25 December 1828 England – 21 February 1857). Married 9 October 1853.
- Mary Elizabeth Houtz (19 May 1840 Pennsylvania – 31 May 1906). Married 1857.
- Phoebe Amelia Woodruff (4 March 1842 Nauvoo, Illinois – 15 February 1919). Married 4 April 1859. Phoebe was the daughter of Wilford Woodruff.
- Sarah Minnie Ephramina Jensen (10 October 1854 – 2 January 1908). Married on 12 June 1871