- Joseph Fought Polygamy doc
- Defending Joseph
- Pure Mormonism: Why I’m Abandoning Polygamy
- Corb Lund’s Brother Brigham, Brother Young song
- Nauvoo Expositor
- Nauvoo City Council meetings for June 8 & 10
- Joseph Smith’s letter to Newel K. Whitney, July 27, 1842
- Deed to Sarah Ann Whitney September 6, 1842
- Blessing to Sarah Ann Whitney March 23, 1843
- John C. Bennett’s 1842 expose History of the Saints
- Joseph Smith’s 1844 indictment for adultery and fornication
- The Lott family bible
- Testimony of John Scott in Nauvoo v. O.F. Bostwick
Posts Tagged ‘plural marriage’
Join Lindsay as she interviews historians John Dinger, Bryan Buchanan, and John Hatch about the “Joseph Fought Polygamy” arguments. This is part one of two. Links mentioned in this podcast:
Join Lindsay as she talks about the history of the Second Anointing, the “Fullness of the Priesthood,” and the ties to Plural Marriage.Links mentioned and articles read in this podcast:
- The Fullness of the Priesthood: The Second Anointing in Latter-day Saint Theology and Practice by David John Buerger, Dialogue Vol 16 No 1
- Ogden Kraut’s: Calling and Election
- Wilford Woodruff’s Journals
- Richard Ware’s Ordinance of Second Anointings
- MRM’s Second Anointing
- Brigham Young’s sermon on the Beneficial Effects of Polygamy
- LDS.org’s explanation of the Fullness of Times
- History of Joseph Smith: Three Orders of the Priesthood
- The Development of LDS Temple Worship, Devery Anderson, ps. xli-xlv
- Bruce R. McConkie’s Mormon Doctrine
Join Lindsay as she talks with two LDS Mormon artists about how they have used polygamy as a medium in their art.Links mentioned in this podcast:
Lindsay speaks with Kristy Money, author of a recent oped discussing LDS.org’s essays on polygamy and how they can contribute to grooming and predatory behavior.Links mentioned in this podcast:
- FAIR Mormon’s take on these issues.
- Brian Hales’ views on these issues.
- Todd Compton’s take on these issues.
- Grant Palmer’s take on these issues.
- Critic’s views on these issues
- Mormon Think’s take on these issues.
- Shindle affidavit on seduction.
- Pratt/Schindle story in the Sangamo Journal
- Anti-mormon literature at the time
Join Lindsay as she discusses interesting Southern Utah communities that practiced plural marriage including Orderville and the United Order, Santa Clara and Cedar City. TW: This post contains strong themes of violence. Links mentioned in this post:
- Leonard J. Arrington’s Book, Great Basin Kingdom: An Economic History of the Latter-day Saints
- Mormon Polygamous Families, Life in the Principle by Jesse Embry
- John A. Peterson, “Warren Stone Snow, a man in between : the biography of a Mormon defender,” Master’s Thesis, BYU (1985) 112.
- Deseret News Article Mentioning Henry Jones
- The Mormon Hierarchy: Extensions of Power by D. Michael Quinn
- John D. Lee’s Confession in MORMONISM UNVEILED, or THE LIFE AND CONFESSIONS of the Late Mormon Bishop JOHN D. LEE
Join Lindsay as she discusses the preparation for the Saints to head West, their stay in Winter Quarters, the organizations of Bishops and Wards, polygamous divorces and the trek West.Links mentioned in this podcast: