Join Lindsay as she sits down with American historian and professor Benjamin Park about polygamy in Nauvoo and the atmosphere it created.
Posts Tagged ‘joseph smith polygamy’
Join Lindsay as she interviews Clair Barrus from Today in Mormon History about the revelations Joseph Smith had about polygamy, including the revelation that lead to D&C 132.
- Links and text mentioned and read in this podcast: Religion and Sexuality: The Shakers, the Mormons, and the Oneida Community by Lawrence Foster
- Clair’s blog Today in Mormon History
- The Polygamy Revelations of Joseph Smith article with footnotes
- Shindle affidavit on seduction.
- Pratt/Schindle story in the Sangamo Journal
- Brian Hales’ position on these issues