- Dan Barlow discusses his personal journey
- Mormon Leaks publishes conversation between LDS woman and her stake president
- More info on FLDS Family Reassignment
Posts Tagged ‘flds’
Join Lindsay as she interviews Dan Barlow about the practice of “Reassigning” families in Short Creek. Links mentioned in this podcast:
Join Lindsay as she interviews Dan Barlow, who was 16 and kicked out of his home and religion after choosing to support his father over the bishop.
Join Lindsay as she interview Gracanne Fischer about her life and exit from the FLDS religiou. This is part two of a two-part episode. You can listen to part one here.
Join Lindsay as she interviews Gracanne Fischer. Gracanne grew up in Short Creek and was raised a faithful member of the FLDS. In part one, she talks about her early years leading up to her marriage.
Join Lindsay as she interviews Roy Jeffs, Alina Darger, and Buffy Jessop about the disappearing holidays in the FLDS and what listeners can do to help. Links mentioned in this podcast:
- Blog post on how you can help
- Cherish Families
- City Weekly: But Do They Know It’s Christmas (photo credit above from this article)
Join Lindsay as she interviews Lawrence Barlow about being excommunicated or “sent away” from the FLDS church for “sins unforgivable.”Links mentioned in this podcast: Poem Lawrence Barlow mentioned: The Eternal Goodness
Join Lindsay as she interviews Christine Katas and Irene about the politics in the town, being FLDS, and religious discrimination.Links mentioned in this podcast:
- Listen to Part One first
- Episode explaining the background of the United Effort Plan (UEP) and the evictions
- Life in the Creek blog
- Volunteer or donate school supplies here
- Email Christine for school supply donations: Christine@voicesfordignity.com
Join Lindsay for Part Two as she interviews Roy Jeffs, the son of FLDS prophet Warren Jeffs.Links mentioned in this podcast:
Join Lindsay as she interviews one of the sons of Warren Jeffs, Roy Jeffs, as he tells his story growing up under the shame and abuse of his father. (TW: This episode contains multiple descriptions of sexual assault)Links mentioned in this podcast: Roy Jeffs’ interview with CNN