Posts Tagged ‘abuse’
Join Lindsay as she interviews one of the sons of Warren Jeffs, Roy Jeffs, as he tells his story growing up under the shame and abuse of his father. (TW: This episode contains multiple descriptions of sexual assault)Links mentioned in this podcast: Roy Jeffs’ interview with CNN
This is part one of a six-part series updating listeners on Year of Polygamy, a year after the final episode wrapped up.
Join Lindsay as she interviews Jeremy Tucker about leaving the Kingston group.
Join Lindsay as she interviews Nadine Hansen, an attorney who was part of prosecuting Warren Jeffs.Links and text mentioned and read in this podcast:
- Warren Jeffs confession video Part One
- Warren Jeffs confession video Part Two
- CNN Report on the trial of Warren Jeffs
- Photos of Warren and Naomi on their capture
- FLDS Blogspot Article about Warren Jeffs’ revelations from prison
- United Order Group vs. Repentance Group in FLDS
- Sons of Perdition Documentary
- Holding Out Help Organization
- Shield and Refuge Ministry
- Sound Choices Coalition
- About the photo showing bed in FLDS temple
Join Lindsay as she discusses part two of the history and beliefs of the FLDS church. ***MULTIPLE TW: Racism, sexism, abuse, child abuse, spiritual abuse****Links and text mentioned and read in this podcast: Listen to part one here.
- Bumper for this episode, “Father is our Favorite Friend”
- FLDS 101 Blogspot
- Holly Welker’s article in Bitch Magazine about Fascinating Womanhood
- Keep Sweet Sermon by Jeffs
- Sermons on Race/Cain by Jeffs
- Second sermon on Race/Cain by Jeffs
- Lost Boys Documentary
- Lost Boys “Banished” Documentary
- Elissa Wall’s story
- Warren Jeffs Heavenly Session
Join Lindsay as she discusses the first part of a two-part series about the history of the FLDS church (The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints). Links and text mentioned and read in this podcast:
- Brian Hales on FLDS and Mormon Fundamentalism
- FLDS Historian Ben Bistline’s book about the group
- FLDS 101 Blogspot
- Rulon Jeffs’ funeral program
- Photos of the Alta Academy
- Time Magazine article about genetic disorder in FLDS
- Youtube video of Warren Jeffs explains Celestial Marriage to school-aged children
- Rebecca Musser’s Interview on KIVI
- Rebecca Musser’s Book, The Witness Wore Red
- Dateline Documentary “Unbreakable” with Rebecca Musser
- Photo of Rebecca Musser at Rulon Jeffs’ funeral
Join Lindsay as she interviews Kristyn Decker, who left the AUB. This is part two in the interview and contains much better audio than the first episode.Listen to the first interview (bad audio) here. Links mentioned in this podcast:
- Kristyn’s book: 50 Years in Polygamy: Big Secrets and Little White Lies
- Sound Choices Coalition Website
- Kristyn’s interview with CNN (also her wedding picture)
- Kristyn Decker’s interview with City Weekly
- Salt Lake Tribune Article about Kristyn’s work
- Sound Choices Facebook Page
- Find Kristyn on Facebook
- History of the AUB Episode
Join Lindsay as she discusses the history of the Kingston Group or the Davis County Co-operative Society (DCCS), also known as The Order. **Trigger Warning. This episode contains upsetting stories of alleged abuse**Links and text mentioned and read in this podcast:
- The Midwife Book by Signature Books
- Rolling Stone: Inside the Order
- Gay and Kingston Interview
- Brian Hales’ work on Paul Elden Kingston
- Kingston Family Holdings
- Kingston Legal Troubles
- Kingston Miners Troubles
- TW Reports of abuse in the Kingston group
- TW Reports of abuse in the Kingston group continued
- TW Reports of Incest from New York Times
- TW Reports of abuse 2006
- TW Heidi Mattingly Foster gives up custody of two children
- Tumblr with Kingston Information
Lindsay speaks with Kristy Money, author of a recent oped discussing LDS.org’s essays on polygamy and how they can contribute to grooming and predatory behavior.Links mentioned in this podcast:
- FAIR Mormon’s take on these issues.
- Brian Hales’ views on these issues.
- Todd Compton’s take on these issues.
- Grant Palmer’s take on these issues.
- Critic’s views on these issues
- Mormon Think’s take on these issues.
- Shindle affidavit on seduction.
- Pratt/Schindle story in the Sangamo Journal
- Anti-mormon literature at the time