Join Lindsay as she interviews Mormon feminist and scholar Blaire Ostler about the concept of “queering polygamy,” or how polygamy could potentially fit into Mormon cannon in a way that would reduce harm. Links mentioned in this podcast:
Join Lindsay as she interviews historian and author Steven L. Shields about the 487 groups or “expressions” that follow Joseph Smith. Links mentioned in this podcast:
Join Lindsay as she interviews Utah Women Unite founder, Joanna Smith about the newly ordained LDS prophet, Russell M. Nelson and his sealing to two women. Links mentioned in this podcast:
- Email Joanna for the Sunstone Quilt project at wallacefamily@ gmail dot com
- Purchase Carol Lynn Pearson’s book, The Ghost of Eternal Polygamy
Join Lindsay as she interviews reality television star, Angela Briney from the show Seeking Sister Wife. Angela chose to enter polygamy in her 40’s as a third wife, after converting to Mormonism in her 30’s. Links to check out:
Join Lindsay as she interviews Dan Barlow, who was 16 and kicked out of his home and religion after choosing to support his father over the bishop.
Join Lindsay as she interview Gracanne Fischer about her life and exit from the FLDS religiou. This is part two of a two-part episode. You can listen to part one here.
Join Lindsay as she interviews Gracanne Fischer. Gracanne grew up in Short Creek and was raised a faithful member of the FLDS. In part one, she talks about her early years leading up to her marriage.
Join Lindsay as she interviews historians John Dinger, Bryan Buchanan, and John Hatch about the “Joseph Fought Polygamy” arguments. This is part two of two. You can listen to the first part here. Links mentioned in this podcast:
- Joseph Fought Polygamy doc
- Defending Joseph
- Pure Mormonism: Why I’m Abandoning Polygamy
- Corb Lund’s Brother Brigham, Brother Young song
- Nauvoo Expositor
- Nauvoo City Council meetings for June 8 & 10
- Joseph Smith’s letter to Newel K. Whitney, July 27, 1842
- Deed to Sarah Ann Whitney September 6, 1842
- Blessing to Sarah Ann Whitney March 23, 1843
- John C. Bennett’s 1842 expose History of the Saints
- Joseph Smith’s 1844 indictment for adultery and fornication
- The Lott family bible
- Testimony of John Scott in Nauvoo v. O.F. Bostwick