Join Year of Polygamy on Patreon for podcast extras! Click here to become a subscriber.
‘ Join Lindsay as she discusses three famous homes integral to the history of Utah polygamy- the Beehive House, the Lion House, and the Gardo House.Links and text mentioned and read in this podcast:
- You can read the text of this post here!
- Gardo House/Amelia Folsom
- Marian Bonswell interview
- Folsom Place
- Amelia Folmsom Leavitt History
- Devotees and their Shrines
- Gardo House wiki
- Deseret News on the Gardo House
- Two Queens of the Gardo House
- Zion in the Courts-A Legal History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1830-1900
TW: This podcast contains some discussions of rape. Join Lindsay as she discusses how women’s sexuality became the catalyst for a decade or more of Mormon violence, and the curious Victorian scandal involving Brigham Young’s daughter-in-law and a “Gentile” soldier. Links mentioned in this podcast:
- The must-read essay by historian William MacKinnon:
- Sex, Subalterns, and Steptoe: Army Behavior, Mormon Rage, and Utah War Anxieties
- Additional info from the LDS Church History Library Here.
For media and all other inquiries, please email Lindsay at email@example.com