Posts Tagged ‘polygamy’
Join Lindsay as she interviews Joe Geisner on Frontier Utah violence and other violence in Mormonism.Links and text mentioned in this podcast:
- D. Michael Quinn The Culture of Violence In Joseph Smiths Mormonism w/ notes
- D. Michael Quinn: Council of Fifty and Its Members
- At Sword’s Point by William MacKinnon
- Article on Jesse Hartley
- Lonely Bones (Bill Hickman)
- The Tobin Shooting
- Murder of Thomas Coleman
- The Concept of a “Rejected Gospel” in Mormon History, Part 1 William Shepard, 130
- The Notorious Hodges Brothers: Solving the Mystery of Their Destruction at Nauvoo, Bill Shepard, 260
- Smithsonian collecting Native American Skulls
- “Becoming a Messenger of Peace,” Jacob Hamblin in Tooele article
Join Lindsay and she and Joe Geisner discuss the newly released Council of Fifty minutes.Links mentioned in this podcast:
Join Lindsay as she interviews Mormon Fundamentalist Moroni Lopez Jessop, about his life as an indie-punk rock youth, living as a Latino Mormon Fundamentalist and polygamist, being a father, and former social worker.Links mentioned in this episode:
Join Lindsay as she interviews historian John Hamer about the life of Emma Smith. Part two of two.
Join Gina Colvin from A Thoughtful Faith and Lindsay Hansen Park as they engage in a two-part, joint interview with Carol Lynn Pearson, author of Ghost of Eternal Polygamy.Links mentioned in this podcast:
This is part two of a six-part series updating listeners on Year of Polygamy, a year after the final episode wrapped up. Join Lindsay as she interviews Brenda Nicholoson, who left the FLDS group four years ago.Links mentioned in this podcast:
This is part one of a six-part series updating listeners on Year of Polygamy, a year after the final episode wrapped up.
Join Lindsay as she interviews Jeremy Tucker about leaving the Kingston group.