- Donate to TheFernFoundation.org
- Reach out to Terrill on Facebook
- Email Terrill Musser
Info from Terrill: “If folks want to help with our 4th of July celebration or to know more about it here is some info:This event is to bring family and friends back together to honor our great nation. This community event is also for friends and families to spend the day together. All are invited, come and have a happy fun day. Please be considerate of others with friendship, kindness and modesty. Looking forward to seeing you there. Event Funding Options: Cash App: $shortcreek OR PayPal: email@example.com OR https://www.gofundme.com/2017C
elebration AND https://www.gofundme.com/July4 2017FireWorksZion Helicopters tours and flights will be offering tours on the 4th of July from 1:00 pm until afternoon according to sales. For reservations for your flight please make an early contact at: Call Ashley, or Brooke at 435-668-4185,firstname.lastname@example.org Here is what they are offering: 8 mile flight min 2 passengers $40 per person appr. 5-10 min Zion Tour, 50 miles 30 min flight $180 per person https://www.facebook.com/ZionH elicopter/?hc_location=ufiWe also have a community center and work with Cherished Family so if folks want to donate clothing or appliances or any living items you can use they can get donated there and then i distribute it to FLDS and NON FLDS it goes to the newly kicked out and the FLDS who have been abandoned.If people want to donate put them in touch with me and i will 100% make sure it goes to the families in need.If folks want to assist me in my healing journey they can email me at email@example.com or you could tell them how to help if people ask. We are trying to raise enough for my new chair and to keep my medicines going with how crazy the health care world is now days.
Join Lindsay as she interviews John Hatch from Signature Books about the lives and wives of Lorenzo Snow.Links and texts mentioned in this podcast:
- Signature Books
- Juanita Brooks lecture
- Harold B. Lee Library info on Lorenzo Snow
- Chronological history of Lorenzo Snow
- Solemn Covenant: The Mormon Polygamous Passage by B. Carmon Hardy
- Brian Hales’ take on Lorenzo Snow
- FAIR Mormon takes on “Fundamentalist Assumptions”
- Denver Snuffer on Lorenzo Snow
- Charlotte Squires (19 November 1825 Ohio – 25 September 1850). Married October 1844.
- Mary Adaline Goddard (8 March 1812 Connecticut – 28 December 1898). Married 1845.
- Sarah Ann Prichard (29 November 1826 Ohio – 30 November 1900). Married 21 April 1845.
- Harriet Amelia Squires (13 September 1819 Ohio – 12 May 1890). Married 17 January 1846.
- Eleanor Houtz (14 August 1831 Pennsylvania – 13 September 1896). Married 1848.
- Caroline Horton (25 December 1828 England – 21 February 1857). Married 9 October 1853.
- Mary Elizabeth Houtz (19 May 1840 Pennsylvania – 31 May 1906). Married 1857.
- Phoebe Amelia Woodruff (4 March 1842 Nauvoo, Illinois – 15 February 1919). Married 4 April 1859. Phoebe was the daughter of Wilford Woodruff.
- Sarah Minnie Ephramina Jensen (10 October 1854 – 2 January 1908). Married on 12 June 1871
Join Lindsay as she talks with American historian Ben Park, John Hamer, and Danielle Mooney about the many leadership and priesthood splits in the Mormon movement.Links mentioned in this episode:
- DEBATING SUCCESSION, MARCH 1846: JOHN E. PAGE, ORSON HYDE, AND THE TRAJECTORIES OF JOSEPH SMITH’S LEGACY
- D. Michael Quinn’s article on succession
- Mormon succession geekery
- Wiki: Succession Crisis
- Ronald W. Walker, “Six Days in August: Brigham Young and the Succession,” in A Firm Foundation: Church Organization and Administration, ed. David J. Whittaker and Arnold K. Garr (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University; Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 2011), 161–96.
- Polygamy on the Pedernales: Lyman Wight’ s Mormon Villages in Antebellum Texas, 1845-1858 by Melvin C. Johnson
Join Lindsay as she interview musician Tom Bennett about his religious travels, his LDS mission, his brush with Mormon fundamentalism, and his spiritual visions and search for knowledge.Links mentioned in this podcast:
Join Lindsay as she and Mithryn discuss the One Mighty and Strong Doctrine.
- Bishop Edward Partridge details
- Ogden Kraut on the One Mighty and Strong
- 1905 Article, full text
- Letter from Joseph Smith to William W. Phelps, 1832-11-17, reprinted in “Let Every Man Learn His Duty”, Evening and Morning Star, vol. 1, no. 8, pp. 121–22 (January 1833).
- Brian Hales’ article
- Bill Shepard’s Dialogue Article
- LDS interpretation of the One Mighty and Strong
- List of those claiming to be the One Mighty and Strong
- Art Bulla’s Website
- Deseret News Article on Singer and Swapp group
- Val Brinkerhoff
- Brian David Mitchell
- Cody Judy bomb threat article
- Mithryn’s project launching soon!
Join Lindsay as she interviews Lawrence Barlow about being excommunicated or “sent away” from the FLDS church for “sins unforgivable.”Links mentioned in this podcast: Poem Lawrence Barlow mentioned: The Eternal Goodness
Join Lindsay as she interviews Anna LeBaron, daughter of Ervil LeBaron, a murderous Mormon Fundamentalist prophet.Links mentioned in this podcast:
Join Lindsay as she interviews Christine Katas and Irene about the politics in the town, being FLDS, and religious discrimination.Links mentioned in this podcast:
- Listen to Part One first
- Episode explaining the background of the United Effort Plan (UEP) and the evictions
- Life in the Creek blog
- Volunteer or donate school supplies here
- Email Christine for school supply donations: Christine@voicesfordignity.com
Join Lindsay for Part Two as she interviews Roy Jeffs, the son of FLDS prophet Warren Jeffs.Links mentioned in this podcast: