- DEBATING SUCCESSION, MARCH 1846: JOHN E. PAGE, ORSON HYDE, AND THE TRAJECTORIES OF JOSEPH SMITH’S LEGACY
- D. Michael Quinn’s article on succession
- Mormon succession geekery
- Wiki: Succession Crisis
- Ronald W. Walker, “Six Days in August: Brigham Young and the Succession,” in A Firm Foundation: Church Organization and Administration, ed. David J. Whittaker and Arnold K. Garr (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University; Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 2011), 161–96.
- Polygamy on the Pedernales: Lyman Wight’ s Mormon Villages in Antebellum Texas, 1845-1858 by Melvin C. Johnson
Join Lindsay as she talks with American historian Ben Park, John Hamer, and Danielle Mooney about the many leadership and priesthood splits in the Mormon movement.Links mentioned in this episode:
Join Lindsay as she interview musician Tom Bennett about his religious travels, his LDS mission, his brush with Mormon fundamentalism, and his spiritual visions and search for knowledge.Links mentioned in this podcast:
Join Lindsay as she and Mithryn discuss the One Mighty and Strong Doctrine.
- Bishop Edward Partridge details
- Ogden Kraut on the One Mighty and Strong
- 1905 Article, full text
- Letter from Joseph Smith to William W. Phelps, 1832-11-17, reprinted in “Let Every Man Learn His Duty”, Evening and Morning Star, vol. 1, no. 8, pp. 121–22 (January 1833).
- Brian Hales’ article
- Bill Shepard’s Dialogue Article
- LDS interpretation of the One Mighty and Strong
- List of those claiming to be the One Mighty and Strong
- Art Bulla’s Website
- Deseret News Article on Singer and Swapp group
- Val Brinkerhoff
- Brian David Mitchell
- Cody Judy bomb threat article
- Mithryn’s project launching soon!
Join Lindsay as she interviews Lawrence Barlow about being excommunicated or “sent away” from the FLDS church for “sins unforgivable.”Links mentioned in this podcast: Poem Lawrence Barlow mentioned: The Eternal Goodness
Join Lindsay as she interviews Anna LeBaron, daughter of Ervil LeBaron, a murderous Mormon Fundamentalist prophet.Links mentioned in this podcast:
Join Lindsay as she interviews Christine Katas and Irene about the politics in the town, being FLDS, and religious discrimination.Links mentioned in this podcast:
- Listen to Part One first
- Episode explaining the background of the United Effort Plan (UEP) and the evictions
- Life in the Creek blog
- Volunteer or donate school supplies here
- Email Christine for school supply donations: Christine@voicesfordignity.com
Join Lindsay for Part Two as she interviews Roy Jeffs, the son of FLDS prophet Warren Jeffs.Links mentioned in this podcast:
Join Lindsay as she interviews one of the sons of Warren Jeffs, Roy Jeffs, as he tells his story growing up under the shame and abuse of his father. (TW: This episode contains multiple descriptions of sexual assault)Links mentioned in this podcast: Roy Jeffs’ interview with CNN